A five-star retrospective on the formidable painter
- Lee Krasner’s biggest exhibition of works in decades
- Five-star Time Out review
- 2 tickets for the price of 1.
Find out more:
Shining light on work often eclipsed by her husband Jackson Pollock, ‘Lee Krasner: Living Colour’ celebrates the work of a true pioneer of abstract expressionism. The exhibition spans decades, charting her spirit for invention from start to finish. Discover early self-portraits, collages put together with torn up paintings and some of her most remarkable large abstract paintings. There are dozens of pieces of art on display – many of which are on show for the first time in the UK, so don’t miss out on our 2-for-1 tickets. Book now before this offer ends on August 22.
From our five-star review:
‘This is Lee Krasner in full flight. The paintings are up there with any of the abstract expressionist greats. It’s as if Pollock’s death finally set her free, finally let her become Lee Krasner. This whole exhibition proves, beyond any doubt, that she deserves to be front and centre of that class photo, because Lee Krasner was one of the best.’
Need to know:
- This voucher is valid for two tickets to ‘Lee Krasner: Living Colour’ at the Barbican.
- Please only select one ticket to receive a pair (two tickets).
- Present Time Out voucher on arrival for admission at the next available time slot.
- Tickets are non-transferrable and have no equivalent cash value.
- Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Tickets valid for single entry only.
- Valid for one-time use.
- Admission subject to availability — a wait for an available time slot may be necessary, especially at weekends.
- Open Sunday - Wednesday from 10am - 6pm (last entry 5pm), Thursday - Saturday from 10am - 9pm (last entry 8pm) and bank holidays from 12pm - 6pm (last entry 5pm).
- No food or drink is permitted in the gallery.
- Photography and filming strictly for non-commercial purposes only.
- All bags are subject to search and large bags, all backpacks, rucksacks and luggage must be deposited in the free cloakroom.
- You can find full details in the Barbican’s safety policy.
- Valid until August 22, 2019. Offer not valid Aug 23 to September 1.
- Credit: Lee Krasner, Desert Moon (detail), 1955. Los Angeles County Museum of Art. © The Pollock-Krasner Foundation. © 2018, Digital Image Museum Associates/ LACMA/Art Resource NY/ Scala, Florence.
- This voucher cannot be cancelled, exchanged, refunded or used in conjunction with any other offer.