See this five-star exhibition on art, family, rivalry and personality
What is it?
2-for-1 tickets on two great Renaissance masters.
Andrea Mantegna and Giovanni Bellini were colleagues, rivals and brothers-in-law who helped to define a whole era of art. Mantegna’s compositional innovation and Bellini’s natural landscape paintings were groundbreaking – no one had seen anything like it before.
‘Mantegna and Bellini’ is the first exhibition of its kind – it explores the creative links between Mantegna and Bellini, providing a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for those lucky enough to visit. There will be a range of paintings and drawings from around the world by both artists. Tickets start at just £14, and you can bring a friend for free.
From our five-star review:
‘These are artists engaged in a cultural arms race. Individually brilliant, seen together they give a sense of the all-consuming ambition of the Renaissance, and it’s staggering.’
Need to know:
- This voucher is valid for two tickets to ‘Mantegna and Bellini’ at the National Gallery.
- Please print your ticket voucher and show them at the National Gallery ticket desk.
- For free carer tickets, ask at the Ticket Desk on the day of your visit.
- Under 12s free with any paying adult. Collect your complimentary ticket from the ticket desk on the day of your visit.
- Until Sunday, January 27th 2019.
- The exhibition will be running until January 27 2019 from 10am–6pm every day and until 9pm on Fridays.
- Image credits: Image: Detail from Andrea Mantegna, The Dead Christ supported by Two Angels, 1485–1500 © Statens Museum for Kunst, Copenhagen and Detail from Giovanni Bellini, The Agony in the Garden, about 1458-60 © The National Gallery, London
- This voucher cannot be cancelled, refunded, exchanged or used in conjunction with any other offer.