Explore modern art and modern love at this fascinating four-star Barbican show
What is it?
An insight into the relationship between art and love in the modern age at this fantastic exhibition at the Barbican.
You think you’re in a complicated relationship? You ain’t seen nothing until you see the latest show at the Barbican. Featuring some of the biggest names in modern art – Dora Maar and Pablo Picasso, Camille Claudel and Auguste Rodin, Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera, Emilie Flöge and Gustav Klimt and more – the Barbican’s latest exhibition explores creative relationships and literature over the past half-century.
‘Modern Couples’ shows how intimate relationships between artists influenced their works, be it painting, sculpture, photography or literature. But it also does something even better: it gives equal opportunity to female artists who have previously been rather insignificant tied to their more famous spouses. The exhibition illuminates the ups and downs of each relationship, from the trivial to the long-term.
If you need any more persuading, our Art team awarded ‘Modern Couples‘ four stars. And our tickets to this must-see exhibition are now 2-for-1, they’re just £8 each.
Need to know:
- This voucher is valid for two tickets to 2-for-1 tickets to ‘Modern Couples: Art, Intimacy and the Avant-Garde’ at the Barbican.
- Present Time Out voucher on arrival for admission at the next available time slot.
- This offer is available on full priced adult tickets only
- Ticket are non-transferrable and have no equivalent cash value.
- Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Tickets valid on day of exhibition entry only.
- Valid for one-time use.
- The final day to use your voucher is Thursday January 24. You must use your voucher by this date.
- Open Saturday – Wednesday 10am - 6pm and Thursday – Friday 10pm - 9pm and Saturday's 10am – 8pm. Excludes January 25, 26 and 27
- The exhibition contains some nudity. There are works of an adult nature in one sign-posted room.
- Parental guidance advised.
- Children under 14 must be accompanied at all times.
- The average amount of time spent in the exhibition is approximately 1hr 30mins. Please also bear in mind that the exhibition runs across two floors.
- Tickets are valid all day, allowing visitors to break up their visit and use their ticket for same-day re-entry.
- No photography, food or drink is permitted in the gallery.
- All bags are subject to search and large bags, all backpacks, rucksacks and luggage must be deposited in the free cloakroom.
- Barbican reserves the right to withdraw or amend the offer as necessary due to circumstances outside its control.
- This booking cannot be cancelled, refunded, exchanged or used in conjunction with any other offer.