Get stuck in a forgotten warehouse in south London
What is it?
The chance to be locked in a room (and not let out until your brain has earned it) from just £17.50 per person.
There’s a reason why escape rooms (based on the Japanese online game ‘Takagism’, FYI) have really grown in popularity in recent years. It’s a whole bunch of fun to work your way through a series of riddles, challenges, puzzles and other noodle-scratchers in an effort to regain your freedom.
This particular room in South Bermondsey (which we gave five stars, FYI) is run by the erratic character, Lavinia Carter. The story? Rumours and strange occurrences have led to Lavinia and her bar to being shunned…and now she’s missing. But what’s she up to? Alfie, Lavinia’s loyal friend, needs help getting the bar back to its formers while she’s gone – which sounds like the perfect chance to let your curiosity be piqued (and have a cheeky snoop around while you help him). There’s only one way to find out what’s really going on here. Bag a ticket.
From our five-star review:
‘Is its location a bit off the beaten track? Yes. Is it also one of the most well-thought-through escape games that London’s seen in a long time? Also yes. Other escape games take note: the bar has just been raised.’
Need to know:
- This voucher is valid for tickets to Modern Fables Escape Room.
- Minimum two people, maximum six people. Please note that groups of two are not valid for redemption on weekends.
- Book via modern-fables.com/book-now using unique Time Out voucher.
- Please note you must present your voucher on arrival.
- Voucher valid until June 14.
- Only valid Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays.
- This voucher cannot be cancelled, refunded, exchanged or used in conjunction with any other offer.