A series of informal and quirky talks at the home of British science
- A diverse programme of talks
- Accessible, funny and eye-catching subject matters
- Exclusively discounted for Time Out
- Save 37%
Find out more:
How does a rocket engine really work? What’s the history of the periodic table? Whatever the subject matter, talks at the Royal Institution are always fresh, funny and thought-provoking. They regularly host science-based talks across a range of accessible subjects, and we have a run of exclusively priced tickets to screenings throughout August at just £10 each. Take a look at the programme below, and get booking!
What’s on the programme?
6 to 7.15 pm on August 6
The Wonderstruck rocket show
Learn the ins and outs of a rocket engine on a journey from Ancient China to modern space tourism.
7 to 8.30 pm on August 9
Happy sesquicentennial to the periodic table
Discover the history of the periodic table, how it has changed in the light of discoveries in physics and how it continues to change as new artificial elements are added to it.
2 to 3.15 pm and 6 to 7.15 pm on August 23
Feel the power science show
Witness live demos showcasing static electricity, generators and how magnetism and electricity work together.
Need to know:
- This voucher is valid for one ticket to Summer talks at the Royal Institution.
- Please present your voucher on arrival at the venue.
- This voucher cannot be cancelled, refunded, exchanged or used in conjunction with any other offer.