Learn to love your vegetables at this plant-based joint
- Three tasty courses at a famed veggie restaurant
- Plus a glass of prosecco
- Lots of vegan options
- Choose from three great locations
Find out more:
There’s a reason why this vegetarian restaurant chain has been hugely popular for nearly 30 years. And no, it’s not because of celeb endorsements from the likes of Woody Harrelson, Gwyneth Paltrow and Madonna, it’s because they really know a thing or two about high-quality vegetarian cooking. The group now boasts three London locations – and we’ve bagged this exclusive deal at their St John's Wood site.
Our Food editors described it as ‘understated, sleek and minimal’, and we’re keeping costs equally minimal: a three-course meal and a glass of fizz will cost you just £25. Go for an established favourite like miso-glazed aubergine or their soul-warming Thai curry – it’ll convert even the most cautious of carnivores.
What’s on the menu?
Avocado and beetroot tartare, with lilliput capers, shallot and cider vinaigrette (ve, gf)
Crispy marinated tofu – fried tofu marinated in maple syrup and soy sauce, with a quinoa, avocado and tomato salsa, plus coriander and lemon dressing (ve)
Miso glazed aubergine – half aubergine roasted and glazed with miso sauce, topped with toasted cashew nuts, ponzu sauce, micro coriander and sesame seeds (ve, n)
Artichoke terrine – truffle and hazelnut infused artichoke with semi-dried tomato, basil salsa and grilled bread (ve, n)
Courgette flower filled with homemade ricotta, roasted butternut, basil and semi-dried tomatoes, served with beluga lentils and aioli (ve)
Potato cake – a mustard-seed pan-fried potato cake filled with spiced vegetables, served with a sweet tamarind sauce, and pear and coriander chutney (ve, gf)
Couscous and feta fritters with a Moroccan-spiced carrot purée
Aubergine teriyaki – grilled aubergine layered with shiitake mushrooms and wasabi duxelles, coriander pesto and peppers, served with teriyaki noodles, mango and pickled ginger salsa (ve)
Green dragon – a salad of glazed tofu, avocado, sweet potato, red cabbage, pak choi, daikon, carrot, peppers with a teriyaki and sesame dressing (ve)
Tortillas filled with sweet potato, corn, coriander, spring onion and chilli, served with black bean and chipotle puree, guacamole and sour cream (ve)
Wild mushroom risotto cake – sauté girolle, pleurote and Paris brown mushrooms, served on a pan-fried risotto cake, finished with a creamy cep sauce and rocket and lemon truffle dressing (ve, gf)
Red Thai curry – a spiced coconut curry with tofu, sweet potatoes, shiitake mushrooms, carrots, peppers, baby corn and sticky rice (ve, gf)
Goat’s cheese and beetroot ravioli, filled with sundried tomato, leeks, pine nuts and basil, served with sage butter, braised spinach and golden beetroot
Tagine with green and yellow courgette, cauliflower, pumpkin, chickpeas, apricots, pomegranate, pistachios and herb couscous salad, served with pickled lemons and s’chug (ve, n)
The Gate’s beetroot cheeseburger, including a pretzel bun, smoked tomato relish, cornichons and raw vegetable salad with wholegrain mustard and maple dressing (ve)
Tiramisu, flavoured with coffee liqueur and mocha cream (ve, n)
Mango cheesecake with passionfruit coulis (ve, gf, n)
Strawberry Eton mess with British strawberries, meringue and chantilly cream (ve, gf)
Pressed chocolate cake with chantilly cream and a kumquat and star anise compote (gf)
Lavender and pistachio crème brûlée (gf, n)
Peanut butter brownie with vanilla ice-cream and chocolate sauce (ve, n)
Need to know:
- This voucher is valid for a three-course meal from the A La Carte Menu with a glass of Prosecco at The Gate St John's Wood, Marylebone and Hammersmith
- Booking in advance is essential, please call 020 7833 0401 with your voucher number and security code. Table booking is not available for on-line reservations.
- Maximum 6 vouchers per table are redeemable at any one time
- All bookings are subject to table availability and opening time.
- Please print your voucher and present this on arrival at the restaurant (please ensure the QR code is readable)
- Menu is subject to changes without notice and to products availability.
- Menu options excludes Desserts Trio.
- Prosecco can be exchanged for a soft drink at the discretion of the management
- It excludes dates when the A La Carte menu is not in operation (eg; Valentine’s or Mother’s Day). Check website for details
- Must be over 18 to be served alcohol. ID may be required.
- Valid on weekdays and after 5pm on Saturday and Sunday.
- Voucher expiry date is Nov 30 2020.
- This voucher has no cash value and cannot be cancelled, refunded, exchanged or used in conjunction with any other offer or any other menu in operation.