Celebrate one of history’s greatest organists
What do you get?
- Choose from up to six epic recitals
- See some renowned organists perform
- Visit one of London’s most iconic venues
Find out more:
Organs are great – and we don’t mean the ones that keep you alive (although those are pretty great too). And Louis Vierne was one of the greatest French organists to ever push the pedals, take the role of Organist of Notre Dame for 37 years. To celebreate the 150th anniversary of his birth, St Paul’s Catherdral are hosting a series of recitals as a part of the Vierne 150 Festival. Some of world’s best organists will take to the stage, and you can see for half the normal price. Tickets are just £6.
What’s on the programme?
Thursday 14 May 2020 at 6.30pm
Symphony No 1 in D minor (Op.14)
Johann Vexo (France)
Thursday 4 June 2020 at 6.30pm
Symphony No 2 in E minor (Op.20)
William Fox (St Paul’s)
Thursday 2 July 2020 at 6.30pm
Symphony No 3 in F sharp minor (Op.28)
Simon Johnson (St Paul’s)
Thursday 6 August 2020 at 6.30pm
Symphony No 4 in G minor (Op.32)
Stephen Farr (UK)
This concert will also feature the first performance of a new work by Edward Cowie
Thursday 3 September 2020 at 6.30pm
Symphony No 5 in A minor (Op.47)
Samuel Kummer (Germany)
Thursday 1 October 2020 at 6.30pm
Symphony No 6 in B minor (Op.59)
Christopher Houlihan (USA)
Need to know:
- This is valid for a ticket to your selected Vierne 150 Festival organ recital at St Paul’s Cathedral.
- Please present your voucher at the box office on arrival.
- This booking is only valid for your selected option.
- Please note seating is unreserved.
- This booking cannot be cancelled, refunded, exchanged or used in conjunction with any other offer.