Savouries, sweets and special access to this sold-out exhibition at the V&A
What is it?
Afternoon tea with an Italian twist at Baglioni Hotel, plus tickets to ‘Frida Kahlo: Making Herself Up’
There aren’t many things finer in life than afternoon tea in a five-star hotel. But throw in free access to a sold-out exhibition presenting Frida Kahlo’s personal artefacts and clothing and you’ve got a practically perfect day out.
The afternoon tea at the Baglioni Hotel (beside Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens) touts an impressive menu with an inventive Italian influence. With today’s offer, you can tuck into their savouries and sweets and get access to ‘Frida Kahlo: Making Herself Up’ for a bargain £42.50. Besides, this is the only way you’ll get to see this exhibition now, so don’t say we’re not good to you.
From our four-star review:
‘Frida Kahlo inspires devotion in a way exceptionally few people do. The V&A’s new exhibition of over 200 Frida-related items (many of which were only re-discovered in 2004 when a room sealed by Kahlo’s husband, Diego Rivera, was opened) goes some way to explaining the allure underpinning Frida fandom.’
What’s on the menu?
Egg, rocket and mayo sandwiches
Turkey, lettuce and mayo sandwiches
Oak smoked Scottish salmon, fresh cream and chives sandwiches
Sun-dried tomatoes and ricotta cheese sandwiches
Focaccia bread with bresaola and buffalo mozzarella cheese sandwiches
Freshly baked fruit and plain scones served with strawberry jam, clotted cream and Nutella chocolate spread
Cannoli Siciliani filled with ricotta cheese and pistachio crumbs
Tarte with lemon cream, blackberry and raspberry
Chocolate sfogliatina napoletana
Baci di Dama
Need to know:
- This voucher is valid for afternoon tea at Baglioni Hotel and free access to ‘Frida Kahlo: Making Herself Up’ at the Victoria and Albert Museum.
- To book your afternoon tea please contact hotel directly on 02073685900.
- Afternoon tea is served every day from 1pm – 5.30pm.
- Please note there is a live piano every Thursday and Friday from 4pm – 8pm and Saturday from 3.30pm – 8pm and Sundays 1.30pm – 6pm.
- Please note the exhibition ends on November 18.
- Please take your voucher with you to the exhibition at a time of your choice, please see https://www.vam.ac.uk/exhibitions/frida-kahlo-making-her-self-up for timings.
- This voucher cannot cancelled, exchanged, refunded or be used in conjunction with any other offer.