All budding sommeliers listen upThe Domaine Viticole de la Ville de Colmar was founded in 1895 by the famous ampelographer Chretien Oberlin. Today it is managed by father and son duo Jean-Remy and Nicolas Haeffelin. The Haeffelins have been winemakers and growers since 1560, the only family in Alsace to have cultivated wine continuously for almost 500 years.
The wines of the evening are the result of a rigorous plot selection and include Riesling, Muscat, Silvaner, Chasselas, Pinot Blanc + Roter Traminer grapes. The 2012 vintage of Domaine Viticole De La Ville De Colmar Gewurztraminer Hospices De Colmar was awarded Argent from the Vinalies Internationales. Hosted by head winemaker Nicolas Haeffellin, this is the perfect event for any wine aficionado.
- The Franconian’s triple pork beignets, English mustard
- Garlic marinated artichokes, smoked almond crumble
First course: Signature de Colmar Florimont
- Seared Scottish scallop & smoked black pudding
- Jerusalem artichoke + thyme jus
Second course: Signature de Colmar grand cru pinot gris
- Arbroath smokie, quinoa + rosemary arancini
- Dunsyre Blue mousse, caramelised red onion
Third Course: Signature de Colmar pinot noir
- Aberdeenshire grass fed, dry-aged 7 oz rib-eye
- Pecorino + sage gratin, swiss chard + béarnaise
Fourth Course: Hengst gewürztraminer grand cru 2009
- Dark Valrhona chocolate + caramel mousse
- Wye valley blueberries + basil
Over 18s only. Valid ID required. The booking time is the start time customers must arrive by, but they are free to arrive any time from 6.30pm. Ticket price is per person.