Ballet Brunch at Beach Blanket BabylonGet ready to plie, pirouette and tuck in to some delicious, nutritious food with Ballet Brunch At Beach Blanket Babylon. Now that's a tongue twister.
Ballet Brunch pop ups are fun, friendly, ballet meet ups, taught by specialist ballet teachers. It's your chance to dance, enjoy a well-earned brunch and grab a little 'me time' on a Saturday morning. The Ballet Brunch is suitable for beginners and returners, as well as those who take a regular class but fancy meeting some like-minded people, so everyone is welcome.
Ballet Brunch was founded by Libby Costello in 2015. As a food-obsessed ballet teacher she combined her love of the dance and brunch, and has been running monthly pop-ups in amazing restaurants around the UK ever since. The aim is to create a space for people to experience the health benefits of ballet and the social aspects of brunch.
Ballet Brunch Menu:
Buffet selection of the following:
- Yellow fruit bowl (Icelandic yoghurt, bee pollen)
- Vanilla chia pot (protein-packed chia seeds, vanilla and coconut milk yoghurt, topped with mixed berry coulis, fresh blackberries)
One from the following:
- Toast and smashed avocado (sourdough toast with creamy avocado, chilli, marinated cherry tomatoes and poached hen's eggs)
- Buckwheat waffles (served with organic smoked salmon and lime yoghurt)
- Sweetcorn and blueberry fritters (streaky bacon, avocado, rocket)
- Super green (avocado, banana, basil and lime leaves, topped with hemp seeds)
- Beetroot blues (beetroot, blueberries, apple, ginger and almond yoghurt)
Do I need dance experience? Not at all. The ballet exercises they incorporate into the workouts are very basic and are demonstrated by an experienced teacher, so you'll have no trouble following along. But if you have danced before? Great, you'll be right at home.
What should I bring? Water, a yoga mat or towel (as you'll do some floor work), and the desire to push yourself (while having a blast).
What should I wear? Please wear athletic clothing that shows the body's lines. Ballet or jazz shoes are preferable.
Menu subject to change.