Banging broths battle it out
What is it?
In an epic foodie face-off, top London noodle soup makers will pit their bowls of deliciousness against each other. Try them all, then dish up your verdict
When and where is it?
Dock 10, Canada Water. Saturday December 15.
This city is in the grip of a fully fledged noodle soup revolution, with masters of ramen and pho closely guarding their secret recipes as they simmer their broths. Time Out and Deliveroo are bringing together experts to do battle in the Battle of the Broth, which will establish, once and for all, who is the noodle soup king of London. Over two hours, you get to sample bowls from all the contenders, then vote for your favourite. There will be beers from the ace Fourpure to keep everyone refreshed and tunes to keep it all jumping. It will be fun, furious and it will feature some of the best broth in town. It’s basically the perfect thing to do as Christmas creeps up. Put some chilli in your chilly this December! And if you want to repeat the action, the event’s souperstars are all available on Deliveroo.
Vendors include Tonkotsu, Cay Tre, Pho, YUN and Ramo Ramen.
Bun Bo Hue – a spicy beef brisket soup, in 12-hour beef broth, with homemade chilli shrimp paste.
Turbo Charged Tonkotsu - rich chicken and pork broth with bonito dashi in a soy base with thin noodles, seasoned egg and tonkotsu pork.
Original Pho - 24 hour beef marrow bone stock, served with many varieties of beef cuts, and herbs for garnish.
Cross Bridge Rice Noodle (Guo Qiao Mi Xian )过桥米线 - 300 years secret recipe in 8 hour broth, choice of protein, fresh vegetables, goji berries and chrysanthemum petals.
Oxtail Kare Kare Ramen - a rich peanut beef broth topped with pulled oxtail kare kare, niitamago, pea shoots, spring onions, shiitake mushrooms, nori
Need to know:
- Valid for one ticket to the Battle of the Broth on Saturday December 15.
- The ticket gets you entry to the event, tasters of each of the soups and a free drink on arrival.
- Venue: Dock 10, Unit 1, Canada Water Retail Park, Surrey Quays SE16 2XU
- Over 18's only.
- Please select your preferred time slot at checkout.
- Your e-ticket is only valid for the session selected.
- Each session runs for two hours 15 mins.
- Please present your e-ticket on arrival. If you do not have your voucher, you will not be admitted to the event.
- All soup comes in a standard serving and specific dietary requirements cannot be catered for at the event (inc vegetarian & vegan).
- Please check with each individual vendor for more information.
- Line-up is subject to change.