Food writing is turning the pageIn a world dominated by Instagram, blogs, Twitter and the increasing digitalisation of content, is the face of cookery writing changing? From Nigella Lawson to Jamie Oliver, it's evident that food publishing is evolving. Taking place in the grandest food stage of the capital and with a star-studded panel, this very informative talk will teach you the tricks of the trade.
- Mark Hix: chef, restaurateur and award-winning food writer. Author of several cookbooks on British cuisine and proud owner of an extensive cookbook collection.
- Stephanie Jackson: publishing director at Octopus, her commissions include Sabrina Ghayour's award-winning Persiana and Pitt Cue Co The Cookbook, among other cookery titles.
- Meera Sodha: cook, food writer and author of the bestselling cookbook Made In India: Cooked In Britain
- Ed Smith: food writer, creative director at Cannon & Cannon and author of award-winning blog Rocket & Squash
- Moderator: Giles Webster, soon-to-be-former owner of The Coach & Horses in Clerkenwell, sometime commis, full-time physiologist, all-time compulsive collector of food books, and master of none.
Ticket includes talk, a glass of wine and food from Borough Market traders.