Icelandic fare to stimulate your taste budsGet down to Carousel and enjoy a five-course tasting menu by Icelandic guest chef Gísli Matthías Auðunsson. His two restaurants (Matur og Drykkur and Slippurinn – we'll leave the pronunciation to you) produce incredibly good, fresh food with creativity and humour, modernising traditional Icelandic dishes with a delightful twist. Take his legendary cod’s head brined in chicken stock, for example; one of the coolest dishes served anywhere in Reykjavik. Gísli has previously sprung up in the US with the likes of Magnus Nilsson and Sasu Laukkonen to showcase the best of Nordic cooking to the uninitiated. Now it’s Carousel's turn. Make some room in the diary.
- Double-smoked lamb chops, buttermilk and nutmeg
- Langoustine with dulse, dill and dried fish
- Cauliflower with mushroom porridge, rhubarb and Jerusalem artichokes
- Cod's head braised in chicken stock with sugar kelp and honey and lovage potato salad
- Skyr with sorrel granita and oat crumble
- Kleinur with caramelised whey custard and cardamoms
Drinks and service are not included.