Time Out presents Movies on the River with City Cruises
What is it?
A sunset cruise on the Thames followed by a screening of a movie on the top deck of a boat – in the shadow of some of London’s greatest sights. Movies include ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’, ‘The Greatest Showman’, ‘A Star Is Born’ and ‘Grease’.
When is it?
Five nights a week until August, starting on Tuesday June 4.
Each summer, Londoners love to watch movies in parks, on roofs, in squares. Now you can add the River Thames to that list by jumping on board Time Out’s exclusive cinema boat for a once-in-a-lifetime movie experience. Before the sun hits the horizon, Time Out will welcome you on board City Cruises’ sleek vessel City Alpha, which will be well-stocked with drink and snacks to buy on board. After a sunset cruise, we will invite you to take a seat on the upper deck to watch your chosen film. Once the sun goes down, the boat will dock in the shadow of some of the capital’s most popular sights and the night’s movie will play on a large, cinema-style screen on the vessel’s open-top deck.
Get your tickets to this totally unique experience and join some fun-loving people on a summer jaunt you won't forget in a hurry.
Need to know
- Your ticket is valid for one cruise and one screening at Movies on the River.
- Over 18s only.
- Please select your preferred ticket on check out and present your e-ticket on arrival. Only valid for your selected film and date.
- Each ticket purchased includes both entrance to the screening and a ticket for the pre-movie cruise.
- Please check your ticket for your departure and return pier.
- Boarding starts at 8pm and the boat will depart promptly by 8.30pm.
- The boat will not wait for latecomers, so please ensure that you arrive at the pier in plenty of time. Refunds will not be issued for people who miss the boat!
- Screenings will commence around the time of sunset about an hour after boarding.
- Expect to return to the pier by 11.30pm.
- Seating is unallocated.
- Please be aware that the route can always change if deemed necessary by the captain, but we plan to head east through Tower Bridge before turning round and sailing upstream through central London, past the Tate Modern and the Southbank and up to the Houses of Parliament, before returning to the Pool of London to dock and watch the movie with views of Tower Bridge, The Shard and other sights.
- Wireless headphones will be provided for the screening.
- Blankets will be available on a first come first served basis.
- Personal food and drink items cannot be brought or consumed on the boat.
- Drinks and snacks will be available for purchase on the boat.
- Smoking is not permitted aboard the vessel.
- The event is on the uncovered top deck of the boat and will always go ahead whatever the weather! Please check the weather forecast in advance and wrap up appropriately. Screenings will only be cancelled if the weather conditions present a danger at screening time. By purchasing a ticket, you accept the risk that weather you consider unsatisfactory may affect your cruise and screening, and acknowledge that tickets will not be exchanged or refunded unless your screening is cancelled by Time Out and no alternative arrangement can be made.
- Unfortunately there is no wheelchair access to the screening deck.
- By purchasing a ticket you are agreeing to City Cruises PLC Conditions of Carriage, which can be found here:http://www.citycruises.com/about-city-cruises/terms-and-conditions. Please familiarise yourself with these before attending the event.