Eat, drink, and hunt the gold for prizes in the Django Bango gold mineDjango Bango has a slamming party atmosphere set within a romantically lit semi covered cobbled stable. Expect sublime southern food & drinks, and in theme western decor, making it a better place to spend some time on a summer's evening than any beer garden we know.
Expect an immersive, five-course dining experience with Django Bango favourites Trixy and friends serving you pulled beef brisket muffnuts, deep fried crocodile and golden bullion chocolate bars, all to the sound of the Django Bango Express running past your table and music from live bluegrass rocker Todd Sharpville.
Look out for golden coins hidden in your food and around the mine, and barter them in exchange for prizes. But watch your back and trust no one; everyone is after your gold...
- Crocodile & Chicken Popcorn Roulette: Deep Fried in a Pretzel Crumb & Tomatillo Sauce
- The Muffnut: Buttermilk Muffin filled with BBQ Pork & Torched Monterey Jack
- BBQ Beef Short Ribs: Whiskey-soaked Beef Short Rib & Django Bango Sauce and Slaw
- Cowboy Stew: Smoked Cajun Sausage Stew & Jambalaya Rice Balls
- Golden Bullion Chocolate Bars: with Melted Marshmallow
- Golden Blood: Bourbon, Antica Formula, Cherry Heering, Blood orange juice, Orange bitters, Gold Dust
- Smoke Strike: Bourbon, Grand Marnier, Lapsang Souchong Syrup, Lemon Juice, Smoked Oak
- Miner's Claim: Bourbon, Fresh Strawberries, St Germain, Lemon
- Paydirt:Rye, Crème de Cacao, Vanilla, Angostura
- Prospectors Luck: Bourbon, Charred pineapple, Lemon, Egg White, Black Walnut
(And many more...)
Event runs from 7pm-11:30pm. Over 18s only. Valid ID required. Fancy dress is optional – most people turn up in jeans and check shirts. You can get Django Bango sweatshirts, t-shirts and hats at the cowboy clobber shop. Please be respectful of neighbours when leaving the venue.
Image credit: Stacey Hatfield.