Pick your film at London’s first cinema on the River Thames here.What is it?
A sunset cruise on the Thames followed by a screening of a movie on the top deck of a boat – in the shadow of some of London’s greatest sights. Movies include ‘Jaws’, ‘The Shape of Water’, ‘Grease’ and ‘Clueless’.
When is it?
Five nights a week this summer, setting sail on Wednesday June 13.
Each summer, Londoners love to watch movies in parks, on roofs, in squares. Now you can add the River Thames to that list by jumping on board Time Out’s exclusive cinema boat for a once-in-a-lifetime movie experience. Before the sun hits the horizon, Time Out will welcome you on board City Cruises’ sleek vessel City Alpha, which will be well-stocked with drink and snacks to buy on board. After a sunset cruise, we will invite you to take a seat on the upper deck to watch your chosen film. Once the sun goes down, the boat will dock in the shadow of some of the capital’s most popular sights and the night’s movie will play on a large, cinema-style screen on the vessel’s open-top deck.
Get your tickets to this totally unique experience and join some fun-loving people on a summer jaunt you won't forget in a hurry.
Need to know
• Your ticket is valid for one cruise and one screening at Movies on the River.
• Over 18s only.
• Please select your preferred ticket on check out and present your e-ticket on arrival. Only valid for your selected film and date.
• Each package purchased includes both entrance to the screening and a ticket for the pre-movie cruise. (Film tickets cost £13.50 each evening; cruise tickets range from £15.50 to £24.50 depending on the day of the week.)
• Boarding and drop off will be at Tower Pier: Tower Millennium Pier, Lower Thames St, London EC3N 4DT.
• If an alternative pier needs to be used for reasons out of our control we will be in touch with you via the contact details provided when booking. Please ensure these are up to date.
• Check-in starts at 8pm and the boat will depart promptly by 8.30pm.
• The boat will not wait for latecomers, so please ensure that you arrive at the pier in plenty of time. Refunds will not be issued for people who miss the boat!
• Screenings will commence around the time of sunset after the cruise.
• Please be aware that return times to Tower Pier vary and can be as late as 11.15pm.
• Seating is unallocated, there are four people per bench.
• Please be aware that the route can always change if deemed necessary by the captain, but we plan to sail away from Tower Bridge through central London, past the Tate Modern and the Southbank and up to the Houses of Parliament, before turning round and sailing downstream to the Pool of London to dock and watch the movie with views of Tower Bridge, The Shard and other sights.
• Wireless headphones will be provided for the screening.
• Blankets will be available on a first come first served basis.
• Personal food and drink items cannot be brought or consumed on the boat.
• Drinks and snacks will be available for purchase on the boat.
• Smoking is not permitted aboard the vessel.
• The event is on the uncovered top deck of the boat and will always go ahead whatever the weather! Please check the weather forecast in advance and wrap up appropriately. Screenings will only be cancelled if the weather conditions present a danger at screening time. By purchasing a ticket, you accept the risk that weather you consider unsatisfactory may affect your cruise and screening, and acknowledge that tickets will not be exchanged or refunded unless your screening is cancelled by Time Out and no alternative arrangement can be made. There will be a back-up screen running on the lower deck.
• Unfortunately there is no wheelchair access to the screening deck.
• By purchasing a ticket you are agreeing to City Cruises PLC Conditions of Carriage, which can be found here:http://www.citycruises.com/about-city-cruises/terms-and-conditions. Please familiarise yourself with these before attending the event.
• Transaction is powered by YPlan.
• Cannot be cancelled, refunded, exchanged or used in conjunction with any other offer.