Time Out Curates at Samsung KX
What is it?
If there’s one food-process that’s had an unlikely surge in popularity over the last couple years it’s fermentation. Your sourdoughs, kombuchas, home made beers, kimchi, yoghurt, they all use this old-as-time method of time and bacteria to make delicious foodstuffs. This workshop over at Samsung KX is going to take you on a little dive into the world of nicely-gone-off things, focussing on preserving food and enhancing the nutrition within it – loads of these foods can be incorporated into everyday diets to add a health boost (maybe not beer, though).
When is it?
6.30pm-8pm on September 9 (60-90 minutes).
At the event, you’ll be able to get hands-on as you learn. You’ll be making a fermented fruit soda, and you’ll also be taking the product home to let sweet sweet time do it’s thing, meaning eventually you can sip down all that hard (hopefully delicious) work. You’ll also be able to sample the drink as prepared beforehand (here’s one I made earlier jokes at the ready) just so you know what it’s meant to be tasting like. Plus you can speak to the fermentation tutor to get all those questions you have about this magical process answered. Find the complete guide to Time Out and Samsung KX events here.
Need to know:
- Your ticket is valid for one entry to 'Fermented Fruit Soda Making Workshop with The Fermentarium at Samsung KX' on Thursday September 9.
- Please present your e-ticket on arrival. Ticket is only valid for selected time and date.
- The event starts promptly at 6.30pm. Please aim to arrive five minutes before the start time.
- Each ticket purchased includes entrance to the event.
- Venue Address: Samsung KX, Coal Drops Yard, King’s Cross, London, N1C 4DQ.
- Seating is unallocated.
- Once sold out additional tickets will not be available for purchase on the door. All tickets must be purchased online.
- Samsung KX caters for wheelchair access. For questions please contact a member of staff. Please note that photography and filming may occur on the evening and which may feature visitors. By purchasing a ticket and attending the event, you are agreeing to the use of these images in any future promotional, advertising or publicity material.
- Please note that the venue staff have the right to refuse entry.
- This ticket cannot be cancelled, exchanged, refunded or used in conjunction with any other offer. See Time Out's events terms and conditions here.
- Samsung KX is strictly operating in accordance with current government guidelines.
- All event capacities are in line with these and social distancing rules will be followed.
- Face coverings are encouraged to be worn by adults, unless exempt, when inside the store.
- Any equipment used will be fully sanitised.
- In the event of having to cancel an event entirely due to legal restrictions or for safety reasons then you will be notified of the cancellation on the contact information provided by the ticket purchaser.