Last chance to get tickets! Eight amazing eats. One delicious foodie face-off
What is it?
Eight of London’s greatest chicken fryers are squaring up in another epic Time Out and Deliveroo food battle. Try them all, then vote for your favourite. And it’s happening this weekend!
When and where is it?
Dock 10, Canada Water. Saturday December 8.
America’s Deep South might be the spiritual home of fried chicken, but there’s no doubt about it: the chicken shop is a London icon. These days, though, fried chicken can be high-end as well as high street. London does it every which way, from healthy to no-holds-barred. Even vegan. This humble dish has been raised to gastronomic heights by our city’s master fryers.
Now Time Out and Deliveroo have gathered eight fried chicken maestros (all exclusively available through Deliveroo) to do battle. Fried Chicken Fight Club is the third of our epic foodie face-offs and will establish, once and for all, who are the chicken dons of London.
It’s also the perfect way to spend a winter’s day: over two hours, you’ll get to try chicken from all the contenders, then vote for your favourite. There will be beers from the ace Fourpure Brewing Co to keep everyone refreshed, tunes to keep it all jumping and some of the best chicken in town. It’s the great British beak-off!
MC Signature strip - 24 hour sweet tea brined, buttermilk soaked, twice battered Southern fried chicken strips with homemade hot pepper sauce and lime mayo
Crispy fried chicken pieces, Brasilian steakhouse seasoning, Cabana’s Spicy Malagueta Sauce.
Other Side Fried
Buffalo Burger - fried chicken, hot sauce, ranch sauce, pickles, lettuce.
Masa fried chicken, guava glazed, habanero mayo.
Crispy chicken thigh, homemade beaksalt.
Buttermilk-fried chicken breast nuggets, BBQ sauce.
Buttermilk fried chicken is served with signature house seasoning, fiery hot sauce, spring onions and blue cheese dip.
Chipuffalo wings, chipotle buffalo sauce, truffled blue cheese dip, pickled celery.
Need to know:
12.30pm doors, 1pm – 3.15pm food service, 3.30pm session closes
4pm doors, 4.30pm – 6.45pm food service, 7pm session closes
7.30pm doors, 8pm – 10.15pm service, 10.30pm session closes.
- Valid for one ticket to Fried Chicken Fight Club on Saturday December 8.
- Your ticket gets you entry to the event, tasters from each of the vendors and a free drink on arrival.
- Venue: Dock 10, Unit 1, Canada Water Retail Park, Surrey Quays SE16 2XU
- Please select your preferred time slot at checkout.
- Your e-ticket is only valid for the session selected. Each session opens 30 mins before food service begins, food service runs for two hours 15 minutes.
- Please present your e-ticket on arrival. If you do not have your voucher, you will not be admitted to the event.
- All chicken is the standard serve and specific dietary requirements cannot be catered for at the event; please check with each individual vendor for more information.
- Line-up is subject to change.
Terms & Conditions:
- Please note that photography and filming may occur on the evening and may feature visitors. By purchasing a ticket and attending the event, you are agreeing to the use of these images in any future promotional, advertising or publicity material.
- Over 18's only.
- Please note that the venue staff have the right to refuse entry.
- This voucher cannot be cancelled, exchanged, refunded or used in conjunction with any other offer.
- See Time Out’s terms and conditions here: www.timeout.com/london/shop/terms-and-conditions