This summer, trade your deck chairs for DJ decks with LynxSet in the heart of Brick Lane, the new Black Space concept store embodies everything that is stylish about London in a unique and understated way:
- They're partnering up with Mixmag, the world’s largest dance music media brand, to host an evening dedicated to making it in music
- Three of Mixmag’s highest fliers will be on hand to discuss how they made it in the industry
- They'll reveal what got them started and how they got their big break, before giving insider hints and tips
- Guests will be invited to take to the decks to learn some DJ skills – whether you’re a beginner just wanting to learn the basics or a pro wanting to master an effect
- The event will be hosted by Radio 1xtra’s Sarah Jane Crawford with refreshments provided throughout the evening
- Duncan Dick: Mixmag's newly appointed editor that's been at Mixmag for over 10 years
- Nick Stevenson: Mixmag's publisher, whose job is to join the dots between editorial and business departments
- Juliet Cromwell: Mixmag's art director, who'll give you the lowdown on the advertising aspect
The fun doesn't stop there though. Black Space features a clothing store with a curated ASOS line, a barber shop with premium hair styling by Jack The Clipper, a coffee bar offering drinks and snacks sourced locally from the East End, and a lounge where you can talk, rest, listen and play with the iPads and headphones available. See you there.
Unilever – the organiser and authorised third parties – may record or make audio, visual or audio-visual recordings of the event, and the ticketholder hereby consents to the use of his or her likeness, image and/or voice within such recordings free of charge.