Elite performance on a rare music organThe Royal Festival Hall Organ is somewhat of a big deal. The 7,866 pipe instrument was installed in 1954 and forms the centrepiece of the Royal Festival Hall auditorium. Thomas Trotter returns to Royal Festival Hall to perform a recital on the Royal Festival Hall Organ. Part of the show includes Marcel Dupré's Symphonie-Passion. Prior to the show there will also be a free talk where Thomas Trotter discusses Marcel Dupré's Symphonie-Passion with Southbank Centre Organ Curator, William McVicker.
- Charles Villiers Stanford: Fantasia and Toccata in D minor, Op 57
- Johann Sebastian Bach: Sonata No 1 in E flat, BWV.525
- James MacMillan: Le tombeau de Georges Rouault
- Camille Saint-Saëns: Fantaisie in E flat (1857)
- Marcel Dupré: Symphonie-Passion, Op 23
Over 7s only. Sale price is inclusive of a £1.75 booking fee.