Smooth African jazz at sunsetSurely there can be nothing better in the whole wide world than to watch a jazz concert at sunset in a deck chair with a drink and view over London? Back by popular demand, their jazz picnic series this year explores the mesmerising sounds of African jazz, from Afro blues to Afrobeat.
- Creating an intrepid new world where folk and urban traditions of her Zambian homeland blend with her Scottish roots and London’s vibrant eclectic music scene, Namvula crosses boundaries, transporting listeners into different worlds whilst staying firmly rooted in African soil
- She is backed by a stellar band of some of the UK’s most respected African and jazz musicians, including Mercury nominated bassist Liran Donin and saxophonist Chris Williams, percussionist Mamadou Sarr and guitarist Jack Ross
- Soak up the incredible views over London from the bandstand
- Relax to the mesmerising sounds of African jazz, from Afro blues to Afro beat
- Plus, tasty food and drinks on site at the Horniman cafe
Sounds like the perfect summer hangout. Get involved.
This event is free and entry is on a first come first served basis, so it can't be guaranteed. We need your card details to store the event information in your profile, but rest assured, we won't charge you a penny.