Time Out Curates at Samsung KX
What is it?
The technique known as Kintsugi has been around for a long time. The old tale is that Ashikaga Yoshimasa, the eighth shogun of the Ashikaga shogunate, broke his favourite mug – so he sent it to China to be repaired. It came back whole, usable, still his favourite. Just showing a couple cracks here and there, all neatly repaired with a decorative (and tea-tight, presumably heat-resistant) glue. Since then people haven’t had to be quite as sad about smashing up their favourite porcelain.
When is it?
12.30pm-2pm on December 6.
Whether it’s the vase the cat knocked off the shelf, or the plate that slid off the drying rack, this workshop will teach you not only how to repair your precious object, but also how to embrace the imperfections and take the time to be slow, methodical and precise while mending something you love. It’s very satisfying and meditative, a great experience. Nothing like flatpacks, promise.
A vintage China piece will be provided for you to work on and fix as part of the workshop.
Find the complete guide to Time Out and Samsung KX events here.
Need to know:
- Your ticket is valid for one entry to a Kintsugi Workshop with Dotty by Design at Samsung KX on Monday December 6.
- Please present your e-ticket on arrival. Ticket is only valid for selected time and date.
- The event starts promptly at 12.30pm and finishes at approx. 2pm.
- Each ticket purchased includes entrance to the event.
- Venue Address: Samsung KX, Coal Drops Yard, King’s Cross, London, N1C 4DQ.
- Seating is unallocated.
- Once sold out additional tickets will not be available for purchase on the door.
- All tickets must be purchased online.
- Samsung KX caters for wheelchair access. For questions please contact a member of staff. Please note that photography and filming may occur on the evening and which may feature visitors. By purchasing a ticket and attending the event, you are agreeing to the use of these images in any future promotional, advertising or publicity material.
- Please note that the venue staff have the right to refuse entry.
- This ticket cannot be cancelled, exchanged, refunded or used in conjunction with any other offer. See Time Out's events terms and conditions here
- Samsung KX is strictly operating in accordance with current government guidelines.
- All event capacities are in line with these and social distancing rules will be followed.
- Face coverings must be worn by adults, unless exempt, when inside the store.
- Any equipment used will be fully sanitised.
- In the event of having to cancel an event entirely due to legal restrictions or for safety reasons then you will be notified of the cancellation on the contact information provided by the ticket purchaser.