Macallan whisky tasting and a six course banquetDid you know that in 2010 Macallan set a new Guinness World Record for selling the Macallan 64 Years Old at auction for a whopping $640,000? Not bad, right? Not bad at all.
If, like us, you feel a natural desire to learn the secrets of creating a $64K bottle of whisky, then why not join Bourne & Hollingsworth for a luxurious evening of fine food paired with some of Scotland’s finest whiskies, served with a side of industry secrets and Macallan-centric anecdotes.
Michael Green, master storyteller and Macallan legend, will guide you on a journey exploring exactly why Macallan is so special, culminating in a tasting of the jewel in Macallan’s crown: Macallan Rare Cask. While Michael spills the beans on Macallan’s recipe for success, you'll have the chance to sip on six tailored pairings of Macallan’s award-winning whisky range, neat or crafted into exquisite cocktails, alongside specially created dishes from acclaimed chef Adam Gray.
- Amuse Bouche: pearl barley, beetroot, golden cross aranchini, paired with a Macallan Gold champagne cocktail.
- Starter: smoked salmon broth, soft poached egg and watercress, paired with Macallan 12 year old Fine Oak.
- Fish Course: roasted halibut fillet, colcannon and wild mushrooms, paired with Macallan FO.
- Main Course: roasted loin of venison, smoked bacon hash and buttered sprout tops, paired with Macallan Double Cask.
- Dessert: blood orange syllabub, burnt orange salad and almond biscuit wafer, paired with Macallan Sherry Cask
- Digestif: artisanal hand-made chocolates, paired with Macallan Rare Cask.
Over 18s only. Valid ID required. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission.