Grab a coffee, get your feet wet, and make an iOS or Android appWho said apps are just for techies? Join this evening workshop to make your first iPhone or Android app. No programming experience required. During the course you will get your feet wet, learn some programming and get your first app up and running with XCode or Android Studio.
What to do before the event:
- iOS Track: Follow these instructions (http://bit.ly/1IGLtTv) to install Xcode 7. XCode is a large program, so this can take some time. Do this beforehand. The internet connection at the venue is not fast enough to do it there.
- Android Track: Follow these instructions (http://bit.ly/1IGLpTV) to install Java and Android Studio on your computer prior to the course. Also, set up your Android phone or tablet if you have one so you can run apps on your device.
What to bring:
- iOS Track: A fully charged Macbook with XCode installed
- Android Track: A fully charged laptop with the Java Development Kit and Android Studio installed
- Optional: an iPhone or Android device with a cable to connect it to your laptop
Children under 16 must be accompanied by responsible adults. You need to have Mac OS running on your laptop to install XCode and make iPhone apps. You can make Android apps on either Mac or PC.