A colourful celebration of India's vibrant plants and cultureEvery Tuesday and Thursday from 9 February throughout the Orchids Festival from 6pm until 9:30pm (last entry at 9pm). Join us after dark for a series of intimate evenings among thousands of orchids and tropical flower displays at our 2017 Orchids Festival.
Explore the Orchids Festival after hours at one of our Orchids Lates events for over 18s only. Enjoy an evening inside the Princess of Wales Conservatory celebrating the contemporary sights, senses and sounds of India’s exotic and vibrant culture, with entertainment including:
- Traditional Indian music performances played on the Indian violin by Jyotsna Srikanth.
- Bodhi leaf and mandala colouring with Raksha Patel.
- The chance to try on traditional Indian clothing at wardrobe drop-in sessions with Rupinder Kaur.
- Have your hands and arms decorated with traditional freehand botanical inspired designs using plant based henna.
- Nature yoga classes with Anil Jangi, connecting you with the earth and environment.
- Indian ingredients sessions with Monisha Bharadwaj, teaching you about the different uses of Indian plants.
In addition, a variety of Kew experts from our Science and Horticultural teams will be on hand to chat to you about their fascinating work and how you can care for your orchids at home. Delicious Indian food and drink will also be available for purchase from bars and pop-up shops.
Terms and Conditions
1. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
2. Tickets valid for chosen date only.
3. We regret that tickets are not refundable and non-transferable.
4. Kew is unable to offer refunds/duplicates on unwanted/lost tickets. Please be sure that you have chosen the correct date when booking. Please note there are seven Lates events.
5. All visitors must have their own valid ticket, which must be produced (printed or on phone / tablet) and shown at Jodrell Gate.
6. For the safety of visitors, the Kew reserves the right to refuse admission, and may, on occasions conduct security searches.
7. Normal Gardens rules and regulations apply to the Lates events.
8. Kew cannot accept financial or other responsibility for any loss or liability incurred by visitors as a result of contracts entered into by visitors with any exhibitor or advice sought or obtained from any exhibitor.
9. Kew cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage to personal property brought to the Gardens.
10. Visitors may be filmed or recorded for broadcast or security purposes during their visit.
11. The sale of any articles anywhere on the premises is strictly forbidden except with the written permission of the Organiser, and the Organiser reserves the right at their absolute discretion to confiscate any such articles for infringement of the condition.
12. Kew reserves the right to offer ticket discounts/promotions at our discretion etc. No refunds can be made for completed purchases or transactions retrospectively.