Join us for a very creative evening as part of London Design FestivalIn July 2016 the Mayor of London launched the #LondonIsOpen campaign, sending a vibrant message to the world that London is a united city where everyone is welcome.
PechaKucha is proudly joining this campaign with our 12th London event: #PKNLDN12. Taking place at the Geffrye Museum the evening will host inspirational talks from 12 speakers on the theme of "Welcome". It also happens during London Design Festival – an annual event showcasing London's design heritage.
Hosting the evening is author and journalist Sarah Thompson. Among other subjects, Sarah has written about the surprising homes found in some particularly unwelcoming buildings and about the mixed-up experience of welcoming a child into the world. Introduced by Sarah, their 12 speakers will then offer their interpretation of the word "welcome". In true PechaKucha style, each speaker has 6 minutes to share their thoughts. Talks are always fast, funny and fascinating.
The wonderful line up of speakers include:
- Sarah Buxton: Observational Strategist
- Rachael South: Upholsterer
- Adam Bray: Interior Designer
- Kirsty Minns: Creative Director, The Future Laboratory
- Donna Churchman: Headspace Mentor to Creative Professionals
- Maria Jeglinska: Freelance Designer
- Alicja Patanowska: Ceramicist
Event runtime: 6:00pm-9:30pm.