Roberto Manzin European Spring Tour 2017Roberto Manzin plays around Europe his music from his latest USA album LifeFlight. The only London date is at the Toulouse Lautrec.
LifeFlight is an album of original music written by Roberto Manzin through the years. Behind each song there is a story, the pieces are echoes of the feelings and emotions associated with those stories. The album has been recorded in 2015 in NJ, USA with Gene Jackson on Drums, Harvie S on Double Bass and James Weidman on Piano.
Roberto Manzin - Tenor Saxophone
Jonathan Idiagbonya - Hammond Organ
Ben Bastin - Double Bass
Sophie Alloway - Drums
Roberto Manzin, from Rome, Italy, is regarded as one of the UK's finest and most versatile Saxophonists. Time Out call him 'scorching', Jazzwise say 'he has to be heard to be believed' and that he is 'easily a match for Brecker or Bergonzi'… Roberto's career has seen him sharing the stage and recording studio with greats like Tony Scott, Laura Mvula, Jason Rebello, Trilok Gurtu, Martha Reeves and the Vandellas, Donna Summer, and Mr Dynamite, James Brown.
"It was the first time Iʼd heard Manzin live, and his modesty belies the searing lines he plays, easily a match for Brecker or Bergonzi." – Sarah Chaplin, Jazzwise & JazzInLondon
"Sax-player Roberto Manzin's solos have something of the chromatic excitement of Brecker and the soulfulness of Sanborn." – Alison Bentley, LondonJazz
"An expressive player with an attractive sound, his improvisations reveal a skilful strategist, a melodist first and foremost, who gradually unfolds a solo and builds up to a compelling conclusion." – Charles Alexander, Jazzwise
"Woodwind virtuoso Roberto Manzin, one of the finest and most versatile saxophonists on the British scene." – Rainlore's World of Music
1) Tickets are non-refundable with 48 Hours of the event.
2) Attendees under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
3) We operate a Check-21. If you are lucky enough to appear younger than 21 you may be asked for photographic ID.
4) Seating is available on a first come, first served basis only. Latecomers may be required to stand until seating becomes available.
5) Reserved seating is only available for ticket holders of 7 or more people.