A party in Alice's garden full of weird and wonderful delightsWith the summer upon us, it's all about the outdoors. You might not be asked to actually go down the rabbit hole, but in this garden party there'll be performances, brass bands and surreal characters reminiscent of Alice's Wonderland. With over 1,500 revellers expected, The Royal Academy's pulling out all the tricks with this event spectacular.
What can you find if you explore?
- Life drawing by Art Macabre
- Performances by Perhaps Contraption
- Theatrical hat making by Fumbalinas
- An immersive Mad Hatters Tea Party by Art Of Dining
- Swing dancing by Uptown Swing
- Letterpress printing with Alan Kitching
- Garden party games
- And much more to revealed on the night
You also get access to Burlington House to explore the Summer Exhibition after hours, plus you can descend into the Victorian vaults to discover a Wonderland-inspired ball complete with music and dancing till 11:45pm.
Tickets include a complimentary gin and tonic. Guests are encouraged to wear hats (with prizes given on the night for the most outlandish).