An evening of flamboyant and theatrical circus delightsJoin the Royal Academy for The Summer Circus, a flamboyant and theatrical night of circus-inspired delights, where the surreal world of the Victorian circus meets the RA’s contemporary Summer Exhibition.
Experience the RA’s historic Courtyard like never before as it’s taken over by circus tents, acrobatic displays, fantastical performers and surreal happenings. Explore the Summer Exhibition after-hours as eccentric characters and musicians perform against the backdrop of 1,200 colourful works of art, with street food stalls and cocktail bars open throughout the night.
Live bands and DJs:
- Ceilidh Liberation Front
London’s most radical and most colourful ceilidh band, CLF combine music, dance and a generous sprinkling of theatricals to perform ceilidh music as you’re never heard (or seen) before. Be sure to bring your dancing shoes.
- Rum Buffalo
A unique blend of surreal swing, vaudeville and experimental hip-hop, defined by the band as ‘prog swing hop’.
And at the Victorian circus after-party in the Grand Café…
- DJ Kobayashi
This eclectic set comprises swing, gypsy and electro swing as well as live Gypsy Hill remixes, from the latest project to come from DJ Kobayashi and producer Herbert Newbert.
Installations and activities:
- Glitter showers with the Kaleidoscope Girls
- Circus animal print-making with Print Club London
- Dark circus drawing salon with Art Macabre
- Pompom headdress making with Siobhan Hogan of Shopfloorwhore
Food And Drink
- Popping Licks homemade ice lollies
- AVM Curiosities
- Take your pick from food artist Tasha Marks’ selection of alcoholic cocktail candy floss
- Plus street food stalls and cocktail bars open all night
The ticket includes entry to the Late, access to the Summer Exhibition and one free drink.