Music exploring life and death on stage and screenThe BBC Concert Orchestra and conductor Keith Lockhart shine a light into some of the murkier corners of murder and mortality, exploring death and spirituality in music from the stage and screen. Simon Callow presents the concert and reads W. H. Auden's iconic poem Stop all the Clocks which featured in the film 'Four Weddings and a Funeral'.
With performances from musical theatre stars Anna-Jane Casey and Adrian Der Gregorian, the evening includes the famous Carousel Waltz, Janáček's suite from The Cunning Little Vixen and Wagner's Liebestod from 'Tristan und Isolde'. Film lovers can enjoy music from Sweeney Todd, Death Becomes Her, Dracula and many more – we know you're dying to attend!
- Simon Callow: presenter
- Anna-Jane Casey: singer
- Adrian Der Gregorian: singer
- Keith Lockhart: conductor
- BBC Concert Orchestra
- Rodgers Carousel Waltz
- John Williams Dracula: A Love Story: Night Journey
- Wagner Tristan und Isolde: Prelude and Liebestod
- Janáček The Cunning Little Vixen: Suite
- Bennett Four Weddings and a Funeral: Love Theme
- Stephen Sondheim Sweeney Todd: A Little Priest
- Alan Silvestri Death Becomes Her: Excerpts
- Rodgers Carousel: You'll Never Walk Alone