A lavish tasting menu that will blow your taste buds awayPlease note that tickets are for two to share.
Right in the centre of bustling Liverpool Street, 1901 is a British restaurant set in Andaz hotel's former ballroom. With a nod to fine dining, the restaurant serves traditional British cuisine providing a gastronomic journey around the UK, the menu features beef from Aberdeen, lamb from Wales, halibut from Cornwall and asparagus from Kent. A six-course tasting meal at 1901 consists of starter, fish, sorbet, meat, dessert and cheese board. Meals are accompanied by a bottle of either red, white or rose wine.
A sample menu:
- pan-roasted scallops, smoked haddock, shrimp tortellini, bisque emulsion
- veloute, duck fritter, chestnut panacotta, parsnip crisps
- pan-fried halibut, crab and brown shrimp risotto, watercress and artichoke puree
- grilled beef fillet, potato cake, oxtail spring roll, stilton beignet, carrot, courgette puree
- a selection of British cheeses
- baked vanilla cheesecake, poached pear, salted caramel popcorn, Williams Pear sorbet