Louisiana comes to LondonYou like art? Slap Ya Papa do too. So throughout their residency they will be hosting an art exhibition titled "Southern Wilds" curated by their partners in crime Marbles & Ware, who takeover the building on Saturdays with their pop-up market place The Bizarre Bazaar.
As night falls, the market is cleared away and your banquet commences, with live music simmering under the hubbub of a delectable five-course feast, a dizzy bidding frenzy will ensue as Marbles & Ware roll out their theatrical live art auction, with eccentric auctioneers and exhibitioners touting the latest works from the Next-Big-Things featured in the Southern Wilds exhibition. The night will be a buzz with impromptu musical and theatrical performance, bands and disc jockeys revealed on the night will take the after-dinner party through 'til 2am. Oh yeah don't you forget the food.
- chargrilled oyster slathered in parsley and garlic butter and topped with a parmesan crust
- Slap Ya Papa Andouille smoked sausage and chicken gumbo: the gumbo is made with love, slow cooked, tender chicken and a homemade smoked Andouille sausage, thickened with fresh okra, Holy Trinity veg and seasoned with a secret Cajun spice mix
- New Orleans All Star Slow Cooked Meat Feast: bountiful brisket, raunchy ribs and pulled pork, served with sides galore for all the meat lovers out there. The brisket is slow cooked for 24 hours, glazed with a smoky molasses liquor and dusted with a peppery Louisiana spice mix. Then comes the signature pulled pork, marinated, glazed then seasoned with a homemade, secret cajun spice blend. And finally, ribs; sticky, sexy, bbq ribs, served with dirty rice, a fresh and zingy slaw, and the best darn cornbread this side of the Atlantic
- pickled granita: turmeric infused pickle juice granita to clean your palate
- a selection of three pies served to the table and battling for your affection; Bourbon Pecan Pie, a sweet, treacly nut feast, Mississippi Mud Pie for those chocolate luvva’s, or Key Lime Pie; a buttery biscuit base with a lively lime jelly filling, topped with fluffy, flame licked peaks of meringue