Join us for one of four Studio Ghibli film screenings
What is it?
To tie in with their eye-popping and totally immersive manga exhibition, The British Museum and Time Out have bumped heads to bring you the ultimate Studio Ghibli film season, with live interviews, screenings and free sake, all in collaboration with Japan House.
There's something for everyone in this season, whether you know your tanuki from your Totoros, or you thought Ghibli were the bits you pulled out of a chicken. On hand to answer all your questions about the internationally adored art form will be Manga curator Nicole Rousmaniere and Rayna Denison, author of ‘Anime: A Critical Introduction’. Ticket-holders will also get to sit in on a live recording of the Ghibliotheque podcast, in which Ghibli fanatic Michael Leader unpacks the history behind the cult film studio to his unwitting co-host Jake Cunningham. Plus, everyone will be given a complimentary glass of sake and watch the magic happen in one of the more recent Studio Ghibli movies, courtesy of StudioCanal. ‘The Tale of The Princess Kaguya’, which came out in 2013, is based on a tenth-century Japanese story about a bamboo cutter.
Need to know:
- Valid for one ticket to a screening of 'The Tale of The Princess Kaguya' (2013) as part of the Studio Ghibli film season. A special film season presented the British Museum and Time Out in collaboration with Japan House.
- Please select your preferred ticket on check out and present your e-ticket on arrival. Only valid for your selected film and date.
- Screening tickets include a Q&A with anime experts, recorded for the podcast Ghibliotheque, and a glass of sake. Courtesy of StudioCanal.
- Doors open at 6.10pm and the screening will commence at 6.30pm.
- Please present your e-ticket on arrival.
- Please note that concessions and British Museum Members tickets will need to show proof on arrival as per the British Museum terms: https://www.britishmuseum.org/about_this_site/terms_of_use/terms_of_use_for_tickets.aspx
- Please note that photography and filming may occur on the evening and which may feature visitors. By purchasing a ticket and attending the event, you are agreeing to the use of these images in any future promotional, advertising or publicity material. Please note that the venue staff have the right to refuse entry.
- This ticket cannot be cancelled, exchanged, refunded or used in conjunction with any other offer.
- The Citi exhibition Manga is supported by Citi. Logistics partner IAG Cargo.
- See Time Out's terms and conditions here www.timeout.com/london/shop/terms-and-conditions