Edgy Asian street food meet the familiar flavours of MexicoCarpisel’s open kitchen is home to an ever-changing lineup of talented chefs from around the world. Expect amazing cooking, friendly service and a shared experience from one table to the next. Next to step up to the plate (pun intended) is Omar Romero, the first Mexican-born chef to ever hold a Michelin star in Europe. But don’t be fooled by Omar’s classical background; this is a guy with a wild imagination, a wacky palate a wonderful sense of humour. His "Niponexican" menu for Carousel fuses the edgier street food traditions of Asia with the familiar flavours of his native Mexico. You will have to eat it to believe it.
- Aguachile: tostada, marinated sashimi, lime and avodado oil
- Tamal: glazed duck carnitas, sesame seeds and chipotle-ginger dressing
- Taco: toasted Thai crickets, blue corn tortilla and guacamole
- Cochinita: Mayan-style pulled pork, picked onions and hirata bun
- Gaznate: matcha meringue and popcorn