Esteemed composer and conductor Oliver Knussen makes his debut conducting BritteThis concert explores the music and influences of one of Britain’s finest and most beguiling musical figures, composer Oliver Knussen. Curated and conducted by Knussen this performance will give a compelling, personal insight into the composer, setting his own works alongside music that he loves by Mozart, Stravinsky and Tippett.
Programme and performers:
- Mozart Masonic Funeral Music in C minor
- Oliver Knussen Violin Concerto
- Stravinsky Ode
- Tippett Concerto for Orchestra
- Britten Sinfonia
- Oliver Knussen: conductor
- Frederieke Saeijs: violin
Please arrive on time as latecomers may not be admitted.