Immerse yourself in Havana nightlife: live Cuban bands and DJs playing hot beatsEvery week Havana’s nightlife comes to the Forge. Come and party with London’s Cuban community and their friends, try your hand (or feet) at salsa or enjoy live music from the best Cuban musicians.
What makes The Cuban Jam so special is that the audience takes part. Soon you’ll start seeing familiar faces and become part of the "Cuban Family". These aren’t dance partners or musicians to listen to for one night, rather a celebration of many to come if you choose. The laid-back, casual atmosphere makes it easy to just immerse yourself in the closest alternative to actually being on the streets of Havana.
Every week a different, fluid group of musicians get together on stage, keeping the music authentic but yet with spice and variety. You'll also enjoy the latin beats by the resident DJ Javier La Maquina before and after the live band. Coming up…
Fri 02 Sep: Dorance Lorza & Sexteto Cafe
- Pioneering the worldwide "salsa con vibes" revival of the late 1990s, they were one of the first bands in Europe to favour the small combo salsa sound of '60s and '70s bands like Joe Cuba Sextet rather than that of the more common big brass-heavy salsa orchestras of the day.
Fri 09 Sep: Son Yambu
- Son Yambu play authentic Cuban son, the intoxicating fusion of Spanish and African rhythms that gave rise to salsa. "Absolutely tremendous…if you don't start to move to this there is no hope for you! Extraordinary music", said Sean Rafferty from BBC Radio 3.
Fri 16 Sep: Nana & La Esencia
- Headed by the powerful vocals of Nana Clara, the band have performed at Glastonbury and Big Chill. They are not only a pleasure to watch and listen to, this band will have you swinging your hips in no time.
Fri 23 Sep: The Cuban Ensemble
- Rey spent 10 years at Cuba's premier music academies, studying composition, arrangement, guitar and bass. In 1999 he re-located to London forming his own bands who have been lighting up the UK Cuban scene.
Fri 30 Sep: Elpidio & Su Alegria Orquesta
- A renowned performer with the UK’s top latin bands, he delivers his own blend of infectious happiness to the dance floor.
If you feel like an extra immersive latin experience then why not also book combined entry and salsa class ticket for an authentic Cuban-style Salsa lesson with The Cuban School?
Over 16s only. 16 and 17 year olds must be accompanied by a responsible adult. Valid ID required.