Music with true New Orleans rootsBefore the ages of ten, brothers Ben and Emile Martyn had extensive contact with the likes of George Lewis, John Handy and Emile’s Godfather Harold Dejan of the world famous Olympia Brass band (of James Bond ‘Live and Let Die’ fame).
In their teens, the two moved to live permanently in New Orleans, where they performed with their own band throughout the French quarter. After 10 years living and working in the U.S. Emile decided to return to Europe and form his own band playing New Orleans music. With one distinctive twist, being that his brother Ben, who had also just recently returned from living in New Orleans, would write original compositions in a funky New Orleans style and blend it with a contemporary London sound. This is something that sets this band apart from the rest.
The U.S. Parks commission, in their drive to preserve the cultural heritage in and around New Orleans, has recently adopted Ben’s soulful ballad ‘My heart stays in New Orleans’.
Together with some of the finest young musicians playing in this unique style today, The Fallen Heroes offer a fresh approach to an already exciting form of music.
1) Tickets are non-refundable with 48 Hours of the event.
2) Attendees under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
3) We operate a Check-21. If you are lucky enough to appear younger than 21 you may be asked for photographic ID.
4) Seating is available on a first come, first served basis only. Latecomers may be required to stand until seating becomes available.
5) Reserved seating is only available for ticket holders of 7 or more people.