Film, experimental solo sets and large scale commissions around an 1877 organReleasing their 1877 organ from it's traditional roots, Union Chapel are opening their doors this October for a festival of experimental music, solo sets, ensemble improvisation and a varied film programme. The aim of the three day event is simple: to challenge the perceptions of the organ and show the extraordinary instrument in a new light.
Fri 7 Oct:
- Nosferatu (1922) film screening with the premiere of a new score by Irene Buckley. Doors open: 7pm. Certificate: PG.
- A Knowing Space: sound installation by Bill Thomspon. Accessible at all events.
Sat 8 Oct:
- Daylight Music 235: a stripped down performance focusing on the powerful combination of organ and voice. Doors open: 12pm.
- Spire: an experimental music programme for organ and electronics. Doors open: 6pm.
Sun 9 Oct:
- Five new commissions for James McVinnie and the London Contemporary Orchestra. Doors open: 6:30pm.
Children under 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.