See this provocative comedy-drama about race, royalty and cultural appropriation
- Written by Bruntwood Prize-winning playwright Janice Okoh
- A new play from Eclipse Theatre, the company behind sell-out hit ‘Black Men Walking’
- Based around Queen Victoria’s real-life adoption of orphaned Yoruba princess Sarah Bonetta Davies
Find out more:
The London premiere of Janice Okoh’s dark comedy-drama focusses on two Sarahs, centuries apart, whose stories collide in a series of ill-fated tea parties. Spanning the Victorian era and the present day, and drawing on the remarkable true story of Sarah Bonetta Davies, this powerful play’s three acts explore imperialism, cross-racial adoption and cultural appropriation. Grab a ticket now for less than £20.
Need to know:
- This is valid for one ticket to ‘The Gift’ at Theatre Royal Stratford East.
- Please present your voucher at the box office on arrival.
- This booking is only valid for your selected option.
- Tickets are allocated by the box office and not by Time Out.
- Customers purchasing multiple tickets in the same transaction under the same name will be sat together.
- This booking cannot be cancelled, refunded, exchanged or used in conjunction with any other offer