Tanika Gupta reimagines Ibsen’s masterpiece
- A new take on Henrik Ibsen’s classic play of gender politics
- The first show of Rachel O’Riordan’s season at the Lyric Hammersmith – and the first that she will direct since taking over as Artistic Director
- Save up to 64%
Find out more:
This exciting new adaptation from award-winnig writer Tanika Gupta is set in 1879, the year the play premiered, but radically transports the action to imperial Calcutta. Heroine Nora is now Niru, a young Bengali woman married to Tom, an English colonial bureaucrat. Niru has a long-kept secret, and just as she thinks she might be free of it, it threatens to turn her life upside down.
‘A Doll’s House’ is the first production of Rachel O’Riordan’s bold first season in charge of the Lyric Hammesmith – and O’Riordan herself will be directing. The production stars Anjana Vasan (‘Summer and Smoke’). Get your hands on a top-band ticket for just £25, or a preview seat for £15.
Need to know:
- This is valid for one ticket to ‘A Doll’s House’ at Lyric Hammersmith.
- Please present your voucher at the box office on arrival.
- This booking is only valid for your selected option.
- Tickets are allocated by the box office and not by Time Out.
- Customers purchasing multiple tickets in the same transaction under the same name will be sat together.
- This booking cannot be cancelled, refunded, exchanged or used in conjunction with any other offer.