It's a soul-downThis is a fight that we'd be more than happy to get mixed up in. A song-off, soul-down between Barry White and Stevie Wonder is one of the battles where everyone is a winner. Although there are some dangers: you could easily turn to liquid as you melt from the excess smoothness in the air. Well worth the risk wethinks. Vocals will be coming courtesy of Shenton Dixon of The Voice fame. Expect an astonishingly authentic homage to soul legends and an evening of excellent information.
Choose from a ticket covering dinner and the show, or a ticket including a cocktail and the show. Have a look at the sample menu options below:
- Soup of the day
- Mini roast Macsween haggis, mash
- Dill marinated Scottish salmon with sweet mustard dressing
- Salad of chilli and honey roasted sweet potato with crispy shallots, parmesan, rocket (v)
- Sausage of the day, mash with red wine sauce
- Deep fried fish cakes, spinach with poached hen’s egg, Hollandaise sauce
- Pappardelle with Kentish broad beans, peas, pecorino with white wine, olive oil, pea tops (v)
- 7oz Fillet steak, Aberdeenshire 30 day dry aged with thick cut chips and béarnaise sauce
And here's the cocktails:
- Apple Grass: Zubrowka Bison Grass Vodka shaken with honey syrup, fresh lime juice, apple juice and egg white
- Orange Blossom: Beefeater Gin, Fee Brothers orange bitters, lime juice, orgeat syrup and pink grapefruit juice shaken and served over ice
- Blood and Sand: Glenfiddich 15yr, Gancia Rosso, Heering Cherry and orange juice, shaken and strained into a martini glass
- The Governor: Black Grouse mixed with Campari, Aperol and Antica Formula, stirred and served over ice
Over 18s only. Valid ID required. Guests may wish to dance in front of the stage (or at their tables) and may restrict the view in all areas.