A dark, sensual opera, hailed as one of the best of the 20th CenturyA husband, a wife, an artist, and a passion with consequences beyond imagination. Declared as the best opera written in the past two decades by Le Monde, this concert version – re-uniting performers from the Royal Opera’s sensational 2013 production – is an unmissable climax to the Barbican’s George Benjamin Focus.
Programme and Performers:
- George Benjamin: Written On Skin
- Text by Martin Crimp
- Concert performance directed by Benjamin Davis
- Mahler Chamber Orchestra
- George Benjamin: conductor
- Christopher Purves: The Protector
- Barbara Hannigan: Agnès
- Tim Mead: Angel One/The Boy
- Victoria Simmonds Angel Two/Marie
- Robert Murray Angel Three/John
Please arrive on time as latecomers may not be admitted.