Watch Alfonso Cuarón's daring road trip flick with food and booze pairingsWhat do you get when you combine two hormonally charged teens, a Spanish knockout, and a road trip in a radically changing Mexico? Alfonso Cuarón's masterpiece Y Tu Mamá También. Rather than the infantile teen dramas we've come to know, this sexual coming of age is a five star classic...just the sort of film that deserves to be seen with a luxe four-course meal and delicious drink pairings. Our favorite teenage dramedy just got kicked up a notch.
Here’s a summary of the night's offerings:
- oyster "tostada," papalo, whipped avocado, mezcal and grapefruit foam
- drink pairing: Sangre de Charolastra – summer wine with tequila and fresh fruit
- tlayuda, beef tongue, black bean puree, queso oaxaca, salsa verde, lime crema
- drink pairing: Ruptura de la Cerveza – smoky tomatillo michelada
- cabrito tamale, masa, guajillo mole, banana leaf
- drink pairing: Agua de Vida – single estate Tequila Ocho with traditional Oaxacan sangrita
- flourless chocolate Chile cake, Oaxacan spiced mousse
- drink pairing: Juchitan Old Fashioned – tequila and mezcal old fashioned with chocolate and chilis
Reserved seating. Over 21s only.