How many ways are there to see a movie? Well, when you add movie magicians The Nomad Cinema into the conversation, the possibilities are endless. Nomad Cinema have no fixed home: they journey from venue to venue, always finding fresh pastures to screen cult classics and old favourites. For this one, get ready for Baz Luhrmann's bold adaptation of The Great Gatsby.
Every bit as dazzling as you would expect, the film follows Tobey Maguire's Nick Carraway as he moves from the Midwest to NYC and enters into a world of glitz and glamour, where hedonism is on the tip of everyone's tongues and morality has been left at the door. Chasing his own American Dream, Carraway forges a friendship with Di Caprio's charismatic Jay Gatsby, a man who seemingly has it all. But, of course, appearances often fall short of reality. Set to a soundtrack of Jack White, Jay-Z, Kanye West and Beyonce, Luhrmann puts a contemporary spin on the jazz age classic. This is a stomper of a film.
Gala tickets include a burger (vegetarian option available), two salads and two cocktails. Have a peek below:
- Angus beef burger with lettuce and tomato served in a brioche bun, or
- Panko crusted parmesan and sauteed leek burger with tomato chutney, served in a brioche bun (v)
- Baby new potato salad, caramelized red onion, fresh crispy shoots and radish
- Waldorf salad with compressed apple, celery and toasted walnut
- Gin Rickey: A refreshing combo of gin, lime and soda water
- Belmont Jewel: Bourbon whiskey, pomegranate and lemonade
"The best attempt yet to capture the essence of the novel." – Richard Roeper
"The ambiance and story provide intoxication and, most importantly, the core concerns of the American dream, self-reinvention and love lost, regained and lost again are tenaciously addressed." – Hollywood Reporter
Middle Temple Gardens, Temple
Similar Offers (0)
You are viewing 0 of 0 offers
Don't miss out again!
Sign up to our super awesome newsletter to be the first to hear about Time Out’s sick offers.